Ideate to create better solutions for sustainability.
Steel City Hacks is a free, 48-hour, online hackathon for middle and high school students. Through Steel City Hacks, we hope to encourage middle and high school students to use computer science to engage with their community and devise solutions to a variety of problems. All students are encouraged to participate regardless of skill level. Throughout the competition, we will be holding various workshops and seminars for interested students to build their proficiency in a variety of frameworks/services and meet and connect with students of similar interests. We will also have industry professionals available to mentor and guide you along the way, so no experience is required.
In this hackathon, we DON'T expect students to create prototypes (we won't judge the prototypes). Students can team up with other students to create solutions (ideas) for problems related to the theme which can be submitted in form of a PPT and a short video.
REGISTER HERE: https://forms.gle/B7PyfWdYW3Gqf3ey9
₹ 72,000 in prizes
Total Prize Value
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Be a current middle or high school student (includes class of 2020)
- Complete the online registration google form before the first day of the hackathon
- You and a parent or legal guardian agree to our terms in our registration form
- a 3-minute video (or less) demonstrating your hack. This should include the following:
- An explanation for the inspiration for the project; how and why you came up with this idea
- A full demo of your project. Judges will not be running your projects.
- An explanation of all the technologies/software you used to create your project
- Description of the project
- Follow the template to the best of your abilities. This is where you can really expound upon the minutia of your project that you couldn't cover in your video.
- Link to code repository
- Preferably provide a link to a github repo
- We do not need documentation. This should, for the most part, be explained in your description, so do not waste your time adding it to your code.
Google Form Submission
- We will provide a link to this form during the competition
- One member of the team should complete it
- It will ask for the following:
- All of your team member's names
- Link to the Devpost submission (you can submit this google form before you are completed with the devpost submission)
- Project name
You must complete all of the above in order to be considered for a prize.
Nsikak-Abasi Aniefiok Etim
How well your project relates to the theme
How original is the product? Has it been done before? Is the idea completely unique and fresh?
How useful could this product be in the real world? Does it have any real-world viability? Would people use it?
How well was your idea presented?